As of version 0.11 of the AstroBox software image, SSH access has been disabled by default. This was done following the security recommendations of the Raspberry Pi Foundation and in accordance with their own Raspbian builds. Connections to port 22 will be rejected.
If you need to (hopefully temporarily) enable SSH access to your unit, you can do this by following these instructions:
- Shut down your AstroBox and unplug its power when shutting down is completed.
- Open the AstroBox's SD Card in a computer.
- Create a directory called ssh in the root directory of the card.
- Re-insert the card in your AstroBox and apply power to boot it.
- It should now have port 22 open for SSH connection.
Once SSH is enabled, it will stay enabled. To disable it again run:
sudo update-rc.d ssh disable