This is step one of a THREE step walkthrough on how to make your own AstroBox Gateway. Enjoy!
The AstroBox Gateway Software (open source, free) requires the following hardware components:
- Raspberry Pi Board:
- Raspberry Pi 2 through 4 are supported.
- Power Supply:
- Micro USB 5v 2.5+ Amps. Don't use anything lower than 2.5A. Use 3 Amps for RPi 4.
- Micro SD Card:
- Minimum of 8GB. Class 10 or better.
- WiFi Dongle
- Required for WiFi connectivity on Raspberry Pi 2. (Two dongles for setup using hotspot)
- Optional for RPi 3 and above. Recommended for easy setup with hotspot.
Note: Building and managing your own AstroBox Gateway requires technical skills. This device is for developers and other tech savvy folks. If that doesn't sound like you, or you just want a more plug and play solution, please consider the AstroBox Touch instead. The AstroBox Touch is much easier to setup and manage.