This is step three of a THREE step walkthrough on how to make your own AstroBox Gateway. Enjoy!
Assembling and connecting to your AstroBox Gateway is fairly straight forward.
- WITH THE RASPBERRY PI TURNED OFF, plug your SD card and WiFi dongle into the Raspberry Pi.
2) Plug in and boot up
- Plug the power cable into the Raspberry Pi.
- You do NOT need to plug in a monitor, keyboard, or mouse.
- Wait for it to boot up. This may take a few minutes.
- After booting up, the AstroBox will create a hotspot network with a name similar to "astrobox-xxxx".
3) Install the AstroPrint Mobile App (free)
The Mobile App is the preferred (and easiest) way to setup the AstroBox Gateway 3D Printer Controller. Alternatively, you could use a browser on your computer. The browser method is a bit more technical. If you prefer to use a browser, skip steps 3-6, and go to the Alternative Setup Option listed below.
- On your phone or tablet, install the AstroPrint Mobile App.
- Available in both the iOS App Store and the Android Google Play Store.
- Open the app, login to your AstroPrint account.
5) Connect to your AstroBox Gateway
- In the AstroPrint Mobile App, click 'Printers', then click the '+' symbol to Add a New Printer
6) Follow the Setup Wizard
- The setup wizard will take you through the rest of the setup process.
Alternative Setup Option: Setup via Browser
The video below will walk you through the process of setting up your AstroBox Gateway via web browser, instead of using the AstroPrint Mobile App.