In this article, I explain how you can debug your serial connection to you printer. Note that this is a fairly advanced article.
- Log into your astrobox using ssh or connecting keyboard/monitor.
- Stop the AstroBox Service:
- Raspberry Pi: sudo service astrobox stop
- pcDuino: sudo stop astrobox
- Edit the config astroprint's config file to enable serial logs:
- sudo vi /etc/astrobox/config.yaml
- Enable serial output by adding:
port: <your port>
- Start the AstroBox Service:
- Raspberry Pi: sudo service astrobox start
- pcDuino: sudo start astrobox
- Tail the serial logs: tail -f /var/log/astrobox/serial.log
- Now you can see what's going on between your AstroBox and you printer!
Remember to set serial logging back to false when you're done. Logging is too resource intensive and should not be used constantly