This is step two of a THREE step walkthrough on how to make your own AstroBox Gateway. Enjoy!
Follow the below instructions to create an AstroBox Gateway Software image on your own SD card.
Follow these steps to flash your image:
1. Download and install Etcher.
2. Download and unzip the AstroBox Gateway Image.
- Do NOT use any image from any other site/source.
- The AstroBox Gateway Software is Open Source, and free. It is intended for developers and other tech savvy folks. If that doesn't sound like you, please consider picking up a plug'n'play AstroBox Touch unit instead.
3. Insert an SD Card in your computer ( min. 8 GB ).
4. Using Etcher, flash the .img file from Step 2 above.
- Ensure "Validate write on success" is enabled to make sure your card and/or card reader are in a good state.
- Ensure that the flashing and validation processes complete successfully. If there are errors, it could indicate that your SD Card is damaged and you should not use it for this project.
5. Eject your card and insert it into your Raspberry Pi.
6. Apply power and wait for it to boot up.
During first boot, it's normal that the device reboots.
Great, your AstroBox Gateway is almost ready to go!